Welcome to our beautiful city – the City of Miami Gardens. There is perhaps no other place on Earth that represents as much potential and opportunity as “The Gardens”. It’s a place of growth and rejuvenation and home to the annual Jazz in the Gardens music festival. From restaurants and shopping to parks, recreation, and sports, the City of Miami Gardens offers something for everyone. Whether you want to attend a Miami Dolphins football game or enroll in one of our world-class universities, opportunity awaits! With 110,000 Residents, Miami Gardens is the third largest city in Miami-Dade County and the third largest predominately African American city in the U.S. (according to 2010 Census Data). The City of Miami Gardens is also the largest predominately African American city to have been incorporated by African Americans. We are home to preachers and teachers, seniors and students, doctors and lawyers, and big businesses. We invite you to come grow with us and make “The Gardens” your home as well.
The City of Miami Gardens is an exciting place to live, work and play. The following highlights are just some of the reasons why:
• Once completed our new municipal complex will be the only Platinum Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) public facility in America.
• The City’s signature multi-cultural celebration, Jazz in the Gardens music festival draws tens of thousands of people to the Miami Gardens every year.
• Sun Life Stadium, located in the heart of the City, is the host venue for Jazz in the Gardens and is home to the Miami Dolphins football team, as well as South Florida Super Bowl games.
• The City of Miami Gardens is the home of two private higher educational institutions - Florida Memorial University and St. Thomas University.
• Residents voted in support of a $60 million dollar General Obligation Bond that will be invested to redevelop Miami Gardens parks. Plans are to provide activities beyond athletics, by constructing facilities that focus on science, technology, engineering, mathematics, hospitality, art and entertainment. Funds will also invested in technology that allows law enforcement to have an expanded presence throughout the City.
• The Greater Miami Gardens Chamber of Commerce is open for business. They are ready, willing and able to help you reach your goals.
• In addition to world-class universities and show-stopping entertainment, Miami Gardens is filled with thriving businesses, exceptional restaurants and shops, and best of all, caring neighbors who reflect unity in the community.
The City of Miami Gardens has been cultivating possibilities for nearly 12 years, and we plan to keep doing so, as we continue to grow.
It’s here where we plant seeds to meet your needs and do our best to cultivate success.
We hope that you enjoy Jazz in the Gardens and get an opportunity to explore the City, too. The City has exceptional amenities to offer that are just waiting for you.